This is another, amazing boat trip. About 30 minutes away from Marmaris, there is another bay called ” the Gulf of Hisaronu (Gulf of the Aegean Sea) ” – facing the peninsula of Datca and the Greek Island Symi. This bay is on the Aegean side of Marmaris. It is very quiet here with almost no buildings, traffic and noise.
What makes this boat trip so unique is – The bay is away from the noise, traffic, hustle and bustle of Marmaris. You will be visiting beautiful, interesting coves and islands with a unique character.
For example; One of the coves you will visit is called “Kizkumu ( the girl’s Sand)” – Jesus Beach. You might have seen the pictures of “Kizkumu”. If you have not, please look at our photo gallery to get an idea about it. The tale of Kizkumu is that, about 3000 years ago, in a war, pirated had killed the King of Bay-bassos. King’s daughter the princess wanted to run away from pirates but did not know how to swim to get to the other side of the beach. . She put some sand into her skirt and and started throwing it into the sea, sand particles started forming a sand-bar walk way before her. At one point she became so tired when it was the middle of the night. Before she could finish crossing to the other side, she slipped into the water and she was drowned. This is the tale story of “Jesus Beach – Kizkumu”.
The other interesting coves and islands you will visit are, the group of volcanic rocks rising out of the sea (“The Toothy Rocks”), “The Chapel Island”, “The Rabbit Island”, “the Camelia Island” and some other coves.
During the ” Hisaronu Aegean Islands Tour (All Inclusive) “, the boat will be stopping at the islands and coves for swimming break. When you get to “The Camelia Island” you will go onto the island, where you can visit the Byzantine church believed to be built in the 12th century. Right next to the church there is an ancient olive tree. You will see so many colorful clothes tied up to the tree. That is because people make wishes and tie some kind of cloth to the tree. You can make a wish too. In front of the church you will also notice a magical mosaic area.
This is a unique boat trip with great swimming, snorkeling, sightseeing and experience that we recommend.
Pick-up time for ” Hisaronu Aegean Islands Tour (All Inclusive) ” is about 9:00 a.m. & Everyday
1 – You will be picked up from your hotel:
Minibuses will pick-up all the guests, participants of the ” Marmaris Aegean Islands Tour (All Inclusive) “. Once everybody is picked-up, you will drive about 30 minutes to get to the “Hisaronu bay” which is very quiet. You will be welcomed on the boat. You can seat yourselves either on the upper deck where you can sun-bathe or lower deck at the tables, where it is in the shade.
2- Departure for the tour:
Get ready to have a very nice day. The boat will be cruising from one cove/island to the next while you enjoy the Aegean, Mediterranean scenery and turquoise clear waters. The boat will stop for swimming break at each stop, each for about 30-4o minutes.
You will be visiting and stopping for swim breaks at about 5-6 bays/islands in the Aegean Sea. Namely they are the bays of Selimiye, Orhaniye, Camellia Island, Aquarium Bay and on ” the volcanic island of teeth“.
– The first stop will be at “the Orhaniye Bay”. While going there you will cruise pass one of the best marinas in the Aegean Sea. You will see many luxurious yachts. Here at the bay there is the famous “Kizkumu” – Maiden Sand. You will love this place. This bay also has small marina and a beach. You will see one of the unique formation in the sea, which is sand-bar that you can walk on. You will have the first swimming break here.
– The second stop will be at “the Selimiye Bay”. This bay also has a historical tale. Ask your tour guide about it. Take another swimming break here.
– The third stop will be at “the Camelia Island”. On “the Camelia Island” there is a Byzantine Church from 12th century and an ancient olive tree in front of it. You will go on to the shore to visit the church. You can make a wish by the olive tree too. You will see thousands of cloth tied to the olive tree. That is because whoever makes a wish, ties something to the tree. You can make a wish too. We hope it comes true! There is also a mosaic circle in front of the church that is made of white, black and pink mosaic. You will have a swimming break here too.
– The fourth stop will be at “the volcanic island of sharp teeth” – (“The Toothy Rocks”). It is named so because these volcanic rocks that comes out of the see, resembles the teeth of dragons when you look at it from the top – bird’s eye view. It is also believed as a tale that, the small shells on the rocks will bring you financial luck, well-being. You will love the swimming break here. Perfect for snorkeling.
– The fifth stop will be at “the Rabbit Island”. When you cruise close by “The Rabbit Island” you will see a select hotel. It was built for rich and famous. It is a private Island. There are rabbits on the Island that are being taken care of. You can fee the rabbits if you wish. You will have another and last swimming break here.
3 – The End and Returning back to Marmaris:
From the last swimming break, the boat will return back to Hisaronu Boat dock. From there you will be driven back to Marmaris by minibuses and be dropped-off at your hotels.